The Museum, Arts and Culture Access Consortium is dedicated to our mission to increase access to the cultural institutions of New York City. With many of our beloved institutions temporarily closed due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have created this webpage to link you to as many at-home learning resources and activities to City cultural institutions and beyond as possible. Click on logos and links below to explore! Check back often. More content connections are being added everyday!
This page is a work-in-progress. If you have any comments or additional resources to suggest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Support, Online-Teaching Resources, and Streaming Opportunities
Many education institutions have shifted to teaching their courses online. Please use the following links to explore tips and best practices for online pedagogy.
- NYC Department of Education
- Chalkbeat Tips for Easing the Burden on Students with Disabilities
- National Homework Hotline for Blind/Visually Impaired Students
BioDiversity Heritage Library
Bow Seat Ocean Awareness
NASA’s Universe of Learning
NYSCI Inspiring Young Innovators Through Literacy-Based Engineering Activities
NYSCI Designing with Data Activities
Theater & Performance
Teaching Theatre Online: A Shift in Pedagogy Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak
Accessible Services Showcase: Project Potential
Live Streaming Shows & Music Classes for Kids
List of Live Streaming Concerts
Georges Bizet’s “Carmen” performance from Berlin State Opera
MoMA Courses on Coursera:
Storytime and Reading Resources
Build pre-reading and reading skills with these storytime and reading resources from libraries and reading advocacy organizations around the globe.
Arts and Crafts Resources
Articles and outlets for arts and craft ideas.
Crowdsourcing Volunteer Projects
Explore and contribute to collections and research.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Your access to information for your health and safety is a top concern for us. To help connect you, we are also collecting and sharing these links.
- Museum Round Table Collected Cultural Institution Responses
- Supporting Individuals with Autism Through Uncertain Times
- Social Distancing Story from Easterseals Chicago
- Coronavirus Concerns for People with Hearing Loss
- What Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know About Coronavirus
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty